MOBILISE ALL STAKEHOLDERS « TOWARDS A SPECIFIC RESEARCH ON CHILDHOOD CANCERS »
Every year since 2014 for the International Childhood Cancer day, we gather all stakeholders to discuss the childhood cancer cause: doctors, researchers, pharmaceutical companies, institutions, politicians, associations and parents during our annual symposium at the Palais du Luxembourg (Paris), under the high patronage of the President of the Senate.
2 discussion topics:
– Accelerate children’s access to new and more efficient treatments
– Mobilise parliament members to increase the drugs industrials’ investment
Very enriching debates take place each year to:
– Acknowledge the progress made since last symposium
– Identify impediments and obstacles which keep slowing down research
– Define clear objectives to speed up specific programs for kids and mobilise financing.
OUR 4TH SEMINAR
On January 28th 2017 we proved that a very dynamic trend has started, with particularly innovative research programs on targeted therapies. We have to keep researching, more and in different ways and work together to find new sources of financing to accelerate access to innovation. We also have to be prepared to face all the huge changes that this new trend of medicine will bring.
ACTIONS TO LEAD
– FACILITATE access to clinical trials to reduce territorial inequities for children (global trial registration, free lodging and transportation)
– ANALYSE and INTERPRET more efficiently patients’ data and find the best available treatments thanks to a decision helping tool.
– MUTUALISE and INCREASE sources of financing for research
– REDUCE administrative deadlines of regulatory and ministry bodies.
– STAY mobilised to improve the paediatric regulation
To know more