Imagine for Margo works in close collaboration with Dr. Dominique Valteau-Couanet:
- as part of the SFCE (French Society for the Fight Against Child and Adolescent Cancer and Leukemia) she chairs the scientific council in which Patricia Blanc, President of Imagine for Margo, represents parents’ charities
- analysis of the requests for projects of the SFCE
- participation in the working group on targeted medicine
- prepares the annual meetings of the SFCE
- to improve the well-being of children and adolescents in the pediatric ward of Gustave Roussy
Dominique VALTEAU-COUANET has been Head of the Department of Childhood and Adolescent Cancer of Gustave Roussy since 2008. A pediatrician oncologist, she completed her training in immunology research. She has worked in the pediatric department of Gustave Roussy since 1991, and was in charge of the Spinal Cord Transplant Unit from 1998 to 2008.
Dominique VALTEAU-COUANET founded Gustave Roussy’s Ethics Committee in 2011, and served as president for three years. She is president of the scientific council of the SFCE, having been vice-president between 2011 and 2015. Since 2013, she is president and a founding member of the International Collaboration of Neuroblastoma Research, SIOPEN and is also co-chair of the International Group of Clinical Studies in Neuroblastoma organised by the National Cancer Institute (NCI).