Our President, Patricia Blanc, took part in the European working group which made it possible to identify the priorities for pediatric cancers announced on February 4th, during the European Cancer Meetings of the French National Cancer Institute.
During this event, 3 major initiatives were identified;
- Acquire the means to coordinate and monitor the implementation of actions related to pediatric cancers identified in the various European initiatives
- Strengthen data sharing for the benefit of research and long-term patient follow-up
- Guarantee the right of children and young people to access clinical trials, by strengthening cooperation and international platforms for cross-border clinical trials
TOGETHER LET’S CONTINUE TO MONILIZE FOR THEM
As well as 9 concrete proposals around 4 axes:
- Accelerate and develop clinical research
- Reinforce the follow-up of cohorts, particularly on the long-term follow-up and the management of sequelae
- Develop, consolidate and share data
- Accelerate the strengthening of current European structures
We welcome these announcements and the priority consideration of pediatric cancers by INCa and the Government, within the framework of France’s Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
We remain active and determined so that pediatric cancers remain at the top of the public policy agenda in France and in Europe. In addition, in the months to come, we will be particularly vigilant about the follow-up and the concrete implementation of the actions to be taken.
In Europe, more than 35,000 children and teenagers are diagnosed with cancer each year. For 20% of them, there is no treatment. Their only chance is the progress of research. These figures make pediatric cancers the leading cause of death of children over the age of one by disease in Europe.
It is by uniting and pooling our efforts that we will one day be able, all together, to live in a world without cancer.
DISCOVER OUR NEXT MEETINGS TO ACCELERATE RESEARCH
On February 12, 2022, Imagine for Margo is accelerating research against childhood cancer during its FAST e-colloquium. During a morning, we will present to you, with many prestigious guests, all the news on the fight against pediatric cancers. We will also take advantage of this event to announce the launch of an unprecedented initiative in Europe. For more information and to register, it’s right here.
On September 25, 2022, the 11th edition of the Children without Cancer race will take place at the Domaine National de Saint-Cloud (France). You can also participate in this event anywhere in France and around the world thanks to the connected mode.
To register for one of the biggest solidarity races in Europe, it’s here